Our dear friend Alena invited us over for a National Poetry Month party last week and she served us some dang good spaghetti.
She hooked us up with her super simple recipe.
Alena's National Poetry Month Spaghetti Recipe
(in her own words)
1. Lot Lot Lot O' Onion- sprinkle with generous salt and sugar, cook until yellow.
2. Lot Lot Lot O' Garlic, course chop and add to onion, do not let them brown.
3. Add ground turkey- season with salt and pepper, cook till brown (you can drain some fat but I like to keep some in).
4. Add whatever sauce you want, canned tomatoes/fresh skinned cooked tomatoes/or pre-made pasta sauce.
5. Season heavily with basil, dried and fresh, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
6. Simmer until onions break down.
Speaking of spaghetti, we found some classic Disney books while treasure hunting a few weeks ago.
Lady will be in the shop soon.
I can't wait to eat dinner tonight.
The spaghetti sauce is on the stove and it smells GOOD.
Happy Sunday Night Dear Friends