I'm still in California. The rain followed me down from Seattle but today is sunny. I've spent my morning sitting in my parents backyard soaking in some sunshine. I think everything is okay here and I am getting ready to return to my Daniel. I'm returning a changed woman, one who has been to the salon for a manicure, pedicure and eyebrow wax (I haven't taken care of that business in 8 months).
I was just awarded my first blog award. How exciting. Katrina from Pugly Pixel sent it my way.
To receive it properly, I need to post 10 things that make me happy. This is my list for today, Monday January something (my list changes daily).
10 Things That Make Me Happy Today
1. Finding old photo's of me as a wee one. Especially ones like the one above that I have never see before.
2. Sleeping in the bedroom I grew up in and looking up at the glow in the dark stars that my sister pasted to the ceiling years ago and humming Carpenter's songs in my head as I drift off to sleep. (We listened to that tape every night).
3. Finding new treasure to sell in our Etsy shop. I love the hunt and my favorite part about our shop is when we make a sale and I get to put special care packages together.
4. Stepping out of my comfort zone to make a new friend. Even though it is scary.
5. Coming home and watching movies with my parents.
6. Today, being away from my Daniel for a short while makes me happy. Why? Because when we're apart I miss him so much and it makes me feel so blessed to have him in my life.
I feel like the luckiest girl in the world when I step back and look into my life.
7. Watching a puppy rescue from the flooding LA River the other day made me super happy.
8. Mozzarella and tomato sandwiches from Fresh and Easy.
9. Finding the perfect cardigan or dress that I can feel super pretty in.
10. Listening to a favorite song over and over while driving around in Monrovia, California with the windows down.
Ladies, I wish you could be here with me, in the sunshine, in that car, singing out loud, with me.