I'm playing catch up...
I've been a blog slacker this week. I'm oh so sorry. Anyhow, my PRETTY Kristen friend tagged me for a few things so I'm catching up. First, I've been asked to list five embarrassing songs that I like to listen to. Now, I must say that some of these songs only make the list because they carry so many precious memories with them.
1. Circus Fish by Vermillion Lies- I secretly wish I could have been a Burlesque dancer and this song makes me really happy. I could listen to it over and over. I'm really not all that embarrassed about this song. I love it.
2. The Wind Beneath My Wings by The Bette Midler- This one is embarrassing to me. I do a mean dance to this one. Buffy is the only one who has seen it. It's my dance for Buffy really. She is the wind beneath my wings. It also reminds me of Annie and her friend Socorro. They loved this song. I think Socorro bought Annie the tape thus making it more readily available to me. Thanks Socorro
3. S-U-P-E-R-S-O-N-I-C by Salt N Peppa (no it's J.J. FAD)- The S is for Super, the U is for Unique...
This song takes me back to the 6th grade. I would sit on the bleachers during P.E (I was one of those girls who always claimed to have female issues so I wouldn't have to dress out). My friends and I would sing this song over and over and I thought I was the coolest girl (with my side ponytail) in Monrovia.
(Update: Super cool Marjorie reminded me that J.J. Fad sang this song. Thats it).
4. Chop Suey by System of a Down- This one is really embarrassing because I can't stand the song. Dan and I had our first kiss on a park bench at Alkai Beach. Afterwards he joked that the song on the radio would be "our" song. Viola...Chop Suey.
5. 88 Lines About 44 Women by The Nails and Closer by Nine Inch Nails- This is a combo. These are both great songs. I used to listen to KROQ (a California radio station) non-stop in high school. These songs were on all of the time. Every time my Dad would come into my room to talk one of these songs would be on. I would cringe. My Dad would have freaked if he had listened to them. Even now, I get a little anxious when I hear them. But I like the feeling, it makes me feel a little rebellious.